Sunil Kothari is a well-known business person in Thailand and person who relentlessly works to help the Indian mission and associations of Indian diaspora in Thailand and the Thai society to help and nurture the welfare of local communities both countries.
With his strong belief to help people and to society as a whole, Sunil Kothari actively support various socio-cultural causes in India as well as in Thailand.
Kothari has been a resident of Thailand since 1983. He is a prominent member of the Indian community in Thailand. Sunil is a senior member of several community associations in Thailand such as:
India-Thai Chamber of Commerce,
- Thai Gems and Jewelry Traders Association,
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad Association Thailand,
- India-Thai Business Association,
- Indian Association of Thailand
- Ekal Vidyalya Foundation Thailand.
Sunil Kothari believes strongly in social change through an inclusive model of development. Sunil has dedicated his resources for community empowerment and promotion of Indian culture and values. His longstanding sincere efforts are producing excellent results and helping to create and promote socio-economic and cultural relations between India and Thailand.
- Princess Plaque Award by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn for supporting the 15th World Sanskrit Conference held in Bangkok
- Plaque of Honor for Supporting Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation in Thailand
- Certificate of appreciation for supporting various supporting activities of many organizations of both the Indian government and many local businesses.
- Embassy of India in Thailand
- India Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Indian Social Club of Thailand
- Chulalongkorn University
- Thammmasat University
- Gandhi Institute
- Rangsit University
- Silpakorn University
Sunil’s truly epic range of ongoing philanthropic works includes:
- Donations for the social welfare activities for the people affected with natural calamities e.g. during floods, earthquakes etc.
- Continuous and consistent monetary support for religious and charity activities such as donations to temples, orphanages, old-age homes, schools, Universities, Indian community associations in Thailand etc.
- Supported International Day of Yoga in Thailand since 2014 coordinated by Embassy of India with the support from Indian community associations in Thailand
- Actively supported 15th World Sanskrit Conference 2015 in Thailand
- Supported Festival of India in Thailand organized by the Embassy of India
- Supported activities related to Celebration of National Days in Thailand and 70 years of diplomatic relations between India and Thailand
- Contributed for the successful organization of Sawasdee PM Modi event held on 2nd Nov 2019 in Bangkok
- Provided financial assistance to Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation for providing education to Children living remote and tribal areas in India
- Actively supported annual Indian-Thai Sports Day organized by Indian Association of Thailand and Thai-Indian Fun Fair organized by Indian Social Club of Thailand
- Promoted Indian culture by providing patronage to VHP Thailand and its popular activities such as Holi and Ganesha festival in Thailand
- Contributed for Swachh Bharat Mission and Namami Gange initiatives of the Government of India under the organization India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians
- Provided annual support to underprivileged Thai children on the Children’s Day in Thailand
- Provided financial assistance and scholarships to Indian Studies Center, Chulalongkorn University and India Studies program at Thammasat University, Sanskrit Study Centre, and Silpakorn University
- Supported Gandhi Institute Rangist University in organizing popular Gandhi Talk Series
- Contributed for various activities of social, cultural and religious activities organized by Indian Associations in Thailand such as Dipawali celebration, cultural festivals etc
- Contributed for special project of Indian community such as Shanti Bhumi Cremation Site, and temple being constructed by BAPS Swami Narayan Sanstha (BAPS Thailand)
- Provided funds for charitanble activities organized by several associations in Thailand
- International Year of Millets 2023
- Donated and Initiated fundraising activities for the maintenance of Thai temples including Wat Ratchabophit Sathit Maha Sri Rama, Wat Pa Ban Dong Bang in Thailand
- Supported publication of religious books about Buddhism in Thailand