The Government of India has liberalized its Visa Policy for Thai Nationals, the details of which are given below:
Liberalization of Indian Visa Policy
- Govt of India has decided to grant 5 year multiple entry Tourist Visa and 5 year Multiple Entry Business visa to Thai nationals with immediate effect with continuous stay of 90 days during each visit.
- Express visa service has been started where visa will be issued by next working day.
- Separate Immigration counters and Facilitation desks will be provided for Medical Visa This service will initially be available at International airports like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
- Minimum salary limit has been relaxed and fixed at Rs 9.10 lakhs per anum for Employment visa to those Thai nationals who will be engaged at teaching faculty in the IITs, Central Universities, NITs etc.
- Foreign teaching faculty employed at South Asian University and Nalanda University will be exempted from minimum salary limit for the purpose of employment visa.
- Indian Embassy will grant Intern Visa to Thai nationals to pursue internship in Indian companies, Educational Institutions and NGOs up to a maximum of 50 interns per year.
- Indian Embassy will encourage Thai nationals to shoot feature film in excellent Indian locations and they will be provided Film Visa .
- Duration of each stay in Indian has been increased from 30 days to 60 days and single Entry visa has been changed to Double Entry e-Tourist visa.
- E-tourist visa will also be provided at 5 major Indian ports, Mumbai, Cochin, Goa, Chennai and Mangalore to help tourists coming on cruise ships.
- E-tourist visa will be changed to X Visa if a Thai national marries an Indian national during his/her stay in India.
- E-tourist visa will also be changed to Medical Visa if a Thai falls ill in India
- A 60-day double entry e-Business visa with stay of 60 day each has been introduced.
- A triple entry e-Medical Visa has been introduced with possible extension up to 6 months.
- A Thai/foreigner will also be permitted to club e-Tourist visa, e-Business visa and e-Medical Visa